Friday, August 31, 2007

Star Wars Series 5 and Transformers Series 2 Starters Sets at TJ MAXX

Thanks to Greivous, from the Attacktix Forum for the following news:

Yes, my friends, it is true. I can confirm what I believe to be the FIRST purchase of the Star Wars Series 5 Starter Sets and the Transformers Series 2 Starter Set to happen in a brick-and-mortar store in the United States. However, this might not be a good thing.


First, the find.

My parents dragged me and my brothers to T.J. Maxx in South Bend (Indiana) this morning. After spending about 5 minutes looking at clothes, Jango and I headed over to the toys since, occasionally, they'll have junk video games to laugh at. While passing by the educational and toddler toys, Jango spotted the old S4 Gunship and S1 Omega Supreme. We looked at them a moment and Jango flipped them over to see a price of $6.

Looking around for other deals, what do I see but G1 Megatron and G1 Optimus Prime looking back at me! With a "Holy..." and an "Oh my..." I pick up the starter to find two SW5 starters behind it. A quick flip over and I see the price of $5. Needless to say I snatched up all three starters and then looked around for boosters only to find nothing. I then spent the rest of the trip very, very happy (also was able to get a new GCN controller and Battalion Wars new for $10 :)).

The Starter Sets with Paper of Prooftm (Yes, one is missing the Vader since I'd already pulled him out.

[image]


[image]

No comments: