These questions were asked just a few days after Toy Fair 2006, so some of them questions may be a bit out of date... but it is still good to see some answers.
1. How pleased was Hasbro with the success of Attacktix in the first 9 months of its release? Any idea on number of pieces sold, or estimated collectors/players?
Answer — HASBRO IS VERY PLEASED WITH THE FIRST YEAR OF ATTACKTIX.
2. Moving on to the press release, we are very excited to see more Attacktix series coming out. Why was the line shrunk from 30 to 18? Also, is the "18" the number of figures in the booster, or total number of figures we will see in Star Wars Series 4 & Transformers Series 1?
Answer -- THE LINE HASN’T SHRUNK. HASBRO HAS 18 FIGURES IN STAR WARS and 18 FIGURES IN TRANSFORMERS, SO TECHNICALLY, THERE ARE MORE FIGURES (36) TO COLLECT THIS FALL.
3. Battle Master figures will now be released with a regular figure, rumors say Jabba will be re-released with Leia, and your PR says that the "new" Gunship will have a new clone pilot. Will these figures be exclusive to the mega, or will Leia and the new Clone Pilot also be available in the boosters?
Answer — NO PLANS FOR A LEIA WITH JABBA RIGHT NOW. SO IT’S JUST A RUMOR. BUT THE CLONE PILOT WITH GUNSHIP IS AN EXCLUSIVE FIGURE. IT HAS NEW POWERS AND NEW DECO.
4. The new TF and SW series will only have Rares and Super Rares in the boosters. Common figures are VERY popular and important in the playing of the game. Will we see new common figures being released, or have we bought our last Stormtrooper? Is there a possibility of commons showing up in a package, like the Megas, where we know will we get X amount of figures?
Answer -- COMMON FIGURES HAVEN’T GONE AWAY. YOU WILL STILL FIND TROOP BUILDERS LIKE STORMTROOPERS WITHIN THE PACKS.
5. I have counted about 30 Transformers in the Toy Fair 2006 display. Are we looking at more than just Series 1 Transformers, or are these just the complete collection through Boosters, Starters, Megas, etc?
Answer — THE 30 FIGURES AT TOY FAIR ARE A COMBINATION OF THE 18 FIGURES FOR THIS FALL IN THE BOOSTERS, 4 IN THE STARTER AND A PEAK AT UPCOMING FIGURES in 2007.
6. Did complaints from retailers about pilferage and shrink lead to the new sealed-package design, or was it other factors including less booster figures and more money for "cooler" packaging?
Answer — AS A RESULT OF RETAILER FEEDBACK, HASBRO NEEDED TO DESIGN A PACKAGE THAT ELIMINATED PILFERAGE. THUS THE NEW PACKAGING.
7. It is exciting news for "fanboys" that Hasbro has the Marvel license, starting in the back end of 2006. What are the chances of seeing Marvel Attacktix this year.
Answer — MARVEL FANS WILL HAVE TO STAY TUNED FOR WHAT’S TO COME FROM ATTACKTIX IN ‘07.
Answers provided by Hunter Public Relations